Thinking about going solar? Here are 5 reasons why you should make the switch:
- Lower energy bill. Going solar could help you save 30-50% of your energy bill each month.Small savings can make a big difference when you think about how much you save over a 20 or 30-year period.Think about what you could spend your money towards saving that much!
- Fixed rates. Energy bills will continue to rise every year as power companies increase their prices each year. If you invest in solar energy now, you can lock in the price you pay to avoid these future rising costs.On top of that, you can forecast your energy use more accurately making it easy to stick to a budget and better manage your finances.
- Increase your property value. Did you know that having solar on your home can increase the selling price of your home? It’s easy to understand why someone would want to purchase a house with lower energy costs! Studies show that homes with solar sell up to 4% more. Having solar on your home is a no-brainer!
- Tax credit.Under the Energy Policy Act, the Federal Solar Energy Credit was reinstated for residential properties and extended for commercial projects. This credit can be claimed on any federal income taxes to cover a percentage of the installation cost. Throughout 2021 and 2022, the tax credit is available at a rate of 26% but is due to drop to 22% as of 2023. So if you’re wondering when to go solar, now is the time!
- Break free from your energy company. Going solar gives you the power back that you deserve. Your home means your energy usage at a price that better fits you.